Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Troublesome Minds  (Read 1448 times)

Offline jedge1234

• Esprit de Corps
Troublesome Minds
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:26:41 pm »
James,

I have been catching -up on some Star Trek paperback readings. After finishing "Troublesome Minds" by Dave Galenter I saw that he mentioned you and Star Trek Ph II in the acknowledhements. He thanks you for bring him into the Star Trek fold and introducting him to all of its dedicated fans who work on Phase II. He stated that after setting in "The Chair" he has the inspiration for a hundred Star Trek novels.  Anyway I thought it was nice of the author to mention you and the Star Trek team. I thought would pass it along.

John E 

Offline Dave Galanter

• STP2 Writer
  • Crew
Re: Troublesome Minds
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 09:56:20 pm »
James knows (though nice of you to mention it) as he's a good friend. :)  These folks are so awesome, their love is contagious.

Offline jedge1234

• Esprit de Corps
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 11:48:52 pm »
Hi David,

Thanks for the reply, its funny that you decided to reply because I wanted to suggest to James that he "poke" you for some writing for Star Trek Phase II. But I see that you a staff writer so I wouldn't even bring that up. ;D

John E

PS Are you writing anything else for Star Trek (Pyramid)
Thanks for being a part of Star Trek

Offline Kapitaen Stephan

• Germany Mirror Site Operator/Translator
  • Crew
    • Star Ttrek Phase 2 Deutschland
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 07:34:13 am »
Hello, John E

Dave actually did already write an episode for us.  :hooray:

It should be the next episode that is released an it is called "Enemy: Starfleet", featuring Barbara Luna and Paul R. Sieber. It`s a great episode, trust me, I showed it to hundreds of fans at May`s "FedCon 19" Convention in Germany and they were thrilled.

If you download our Phase 2 eMagazine no. #8 you can read an interview that I did with Dave last year. He talks about "Enemy: Starfleet" as well as "Troublesome Minds". I`ve read it, too and it`s a fantastic novell.

Link - eMagazine #8:
http://www.startrekphase2.de/files/STP2_eMag_008.pdf.zip

Thanks for watching.

Offline jedge1234

• Esprit de Corps
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 12:54:34 pm »
Captain Stephen,

Thanks for the information, I did not realize that he wrote that episode; I have only seen bits and pieces of it. I will also look up the e-mag, as I would love to read the article. I believe I remember seeing you on an interview that you gave on a con held in Germany, you asked a lot of great questions. I would like to see Enemy Starfleet in any form; do you have a site with it on it? Thanks for all that you do for Star Trek; I appreciate any and all "stuff" I can get on STTOS

John 

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline Dave Galanter

• STP2 Writer
  • Crew
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 03:19:28 pm »
Thanks to you both for the kind words. :-)

Jedge1234, I tried to answer your PM but your mailbox is full, so I'll answer here: I know of no work that will be bridging the gap story-wise between the new movie and the next one. But there are Trek books about all the incarnations of Trek, and comic books as well, and especially shows like Phase II!

Offline Kapitaen Stephan

• Germany Mirror Site Operator/Translator
  • Crew
    • Star Ttrek Phase 2 Deutschland
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 06:40:13 pm »
Captain Stephen,

Thanks for the information, I did not realize that he wrote that episode; I have only seen bits and pieces of it. I will also look up the e-mag, as I would love to read the article. I believe I remember seeing you on an interview that you gave on a con held in Germany, you asked a lot of great questions. I would like to see Enemy Starfleet in any form; do you have a site with it on it? Thanks for all that you do for Star Trek; I appreciate any and all "stuff" I can get on STTOS

John

Hi, John.

Well, I´m sorry, but "Enemy: Starfleet" is not ready for being released online yet.

The version we screened at FedCon was given to us by James Cawley and although it was already a great episode, many of the effects were missing and even some dialogue at the end was not there.

Apperantly it was recorded on a different audio-track and there were only subtitles in the final scene. Also all the "Beaming"-Effects were missing and some exterior CGI-scnes of the Big E, the USS Eagel and so on. So you see it is still a work in progress.

We do however have a German Mirror of "Phase 2" and are offering all episodes (including the Pilot "come what may") with additional German Subtitles, as well as our own German translated "Phase 2 eMagazine".

So far we only have all epiosdes including Blood and Fire" Part 2. But as soon as "Enemy: Starfleet" is ready, you will be able to download it from www.startrekphase2.de
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:20:31 am by Kapitaen Stephan »

Offline jedge1234

• Esprit de Corps
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 10:05:13 pm »
Kapitaen S,

Thanks for the reply, I was just trying to get to view what was available, no matter what readiness it was in. I do understand though that James wants all episodes to be 100% before the public in general see's it, so I wait. I am sending a few bucks to help purchase some servers that are needed, and I hope to be going to the filming in September to help James out, have you been to the Cawley Studio?

Thanks again for the reply

John Edgeworth
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Mirror

• Half human and half unknown Phase II Catalan site
  • Mirrors
  • PROTECT ALIENS RIGHTS
    • L'HOLOCOBERTA DE STAR TREK
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 02:49:51 am »
Hi,

Just a question. If I'm not mistaken James mentioned not long ago that Dave Galanter had adapted "Troublesome Minds"  for a Phase II episode. Is this still going to happen or I understood it wrong?

Offline Mirror

• Mirrors
  • PROTECT ALIENS RIGHTS
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 04:01:23 am »
The plan for that was scrapped.  The studios went nuts on that script and said No, your not doing this one.
Mmmh... That was "He Walked Among Us". Are you sure this happened with "Troublesome Minds" too? I thought it was an original story by Dave Galanter, nothing to do with CBS or Paramount...

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline Anthony

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 12:00:15 pm »
Your Right.  I shouldn't post when I am on an insomnia streak like I am now.  To easy to get things mixed up.

Offline Mirror

• Mirrors
  • PROTECT ALIENS RIGHTS
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 12:21:03 pm »
No worries, it happens to me very often too ;)

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<