Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<< 

Author Topic: Project: Potemkin  (Read 15443 times)

Offline Randy Landers

• PROJECT: POTEMKIN
Re: Project: Potemkin
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2012, 02:24:40 am »
Thanks, yall!  RH Barr is doing a great job with the VFX!
Randy Landers
---------
PROJECT POTEMKIN
A New Star Trek Fan Film Series

ORION PRESS
For Excellent in Star Trek Fan Fiction

Offline Randy Landers

« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2012, 08:38:39 pm »
This is what our VFX guy RH Barr has been working on:

Filming a vignette, "Beach Towel," on Saturday.
Randy Landers
---------
PROJECT POTEMKIN

ORION PRESS

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2012, 11:23:31 pm »
I was wondering the other day what was up with you guys.  :)

Nice composition on that effects picture.  Blending CGI with live action isn't easy and that looks pretty natural to me.  :)

Offline Randy Landers

« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2012, 12:55:30 am »
We have a video of the scene over at our facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/projectpotemkin/

RH Barr is doing a great job!
Randy Landers
---------
PROJECT POTEMKIN

ORION PRESS

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2012, 01:45:17 am »
I can't view that page because I'm not a member.

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline Aahz

• Cage-Era Navigator in "Origins"; Production Assistant to Whoever Hollered Last
  • Crew
  • "Stop making the ship turn left!" - D. Gerrold
    • Triple-W GoFoods Global
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2012, 10:42:05 pm »
Miscommunication was very good. And looking forward to the Engineer's New Clothes!
Thanks!  "Miscommunication" was my first time directing an entire production, but as I told everyone when we wrapped shooting, all the talent of the actors and crew made my job very easy.  What a great group to work with!  I also had a very good, interesting, and unique story to work with.

"The Engineer's New Clothes" is a nice fun story as well.  That Chief Engineer is a bit of a crabapple, though...   ::) ;D
Non-sequitur -- Your facts are un-coordinated.
-------
"I MADE MASHED POTATOES!!" -- Gir
"Yes.  And muffins." -- Zim

Offline Randy Landers

« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2012, 03:44:30 pm »
Sorry to hear that Evil Genius. I will endeavor to post it to YouTube this afternoon or evening.

Bill, the direction of the episode was perfect. And you did fine as the chief engineer. Are you still interested in doing the space battle for "Duty Bound"?
Randy Landers
---------
PROJECT POTEMKIN

ORION PRESS

Offline Randy Landers

« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2012, 03:45:54 pm »

Pictured: Eric Holt as Kugh, Jeremy Ellenberger as Mugh, Sara Higgins MacKenzie as Ensign Yanari, and Special Guest Star Keith Harris (of Starship Lexington) as "Carter Winston"

On October 20th, at a nearby field in Albany, Georgia, the cast and crew of Project: Potemkin set up and filmed David Eversole's vignette, "Beach Towel." The weather was very pleasant even as we met at 9:00am. On hand were the four cast members listed above as well as Executive Producer/Cameraman Randy Landers, Director Bill MacKenzie Lieutenant Caley), Richard Thorton (Lieutenant Frazier) who did the makeup, Amanda Cook who helped out as well, and Potemkin's hostess Linda Marcusky who always sets a good table for the cast and crew.

Filming took place until 3:00pm (with a 30 minute lunch break). Everyone did great; everyone had a good time shooting this action-filled script. Afterwards, we wrapped the Klingons and moved Keith and Sara to the transporter room set (and brought in Pamela Robinson (Lieutenant Tara Storm) for the vignette's conclusion.

We've posted LOTS of pictures at our Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/projectpotemkin/

Overall, it was just another great day filming for Potemkin!
Randy Landers
---------
PROJECT POTEMKIN

ORION PRESS

Offline Randy Landers

« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2012, 11:20:21 pm »
Evil Genius: This is the video file: http://youtu.be/aPf1ivuQihg

I don't know how long I'll keep it posted; probably a couple of weeks at most. Enjoy!
Randy Landers
---------
PROJECT POTEMKIN

ORION PRESS

Offline Randy Landers

« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2012, 12:31:22 am »
Been a busy little weekend here:

1) Updated the main Project: Potemkin site with a News article on "The Shovel of Kahless" http://www.projectpotemkin.com/index.php?id=195

2) Continuing to make repairs to the bridge astrogator. We've replaced the service board with 15/16" plywood. Captain Grigory will be able to prop up his feet on the new panel. LOL

3) Uploading a BUNCH more "Shovel of Kahless" pictures to our Photobucket account: http://s1112.beta.photobucket.com/user/Project_Potemkin/library/  (These were taken mostly by Tim Carr, with William C. Searcy taking many as well.)

4) Contacted Keiichi-K1 at Deviant Art, and obtained his permission to use his helm-navigation panel as well as several of his animated Flash objects on various screens throughout the set. Really looking forward to using them. You can view his artwork page at: http://keiichi-k1.deviantart.com/gallery/2157624

5) We will be shooting two short, bridge-based vignettes ("Command Decision" and "Just Once") on December 21st and 22nd. Both scripts were written by David Eversole.

6) Trying to figure out a good weekend in January to shoot a landing party episode in Little Ocmulgee State Park which is about 100 miles from here. We'll need three cast members for Gorn, and three landing party members. Bear in mind, the Gorn are going to be completely obscured by the lizard masks.

7) Doug Harper is putting together a shoot in the Pittsburgh (PA) area. If you're interested, you can contact him on Facebook as G. Douglas Harper, or you can contact me and I'll forward your email directly to him.

Hoping everyone ate far less than I did --- no more dressing and gravy for a while for me --- and that you all had a great Thanksgiving!
Randy Landers
---------
PROJECT POTEMKIN

ORION PRESS

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2012, 02:21:36 am »
Is "The Shovel of Kahless" the tool that the legendary warrior used to dig up the materials to create the Sword of Kahless?   :hyst:

JK, of course.   ;)  You know I'm looking forward to it.   ;D

Man, who does the Klinogn makeup for your series?  That's some really fantastic work.  I think I commented on that before, but it deserves to be mentioned again.  Commander Kesh looks really fantastic.  I mean, they all look great, but his makeup really stands out for me.

BTW, what is this "ate less" thing of which you spoke?  ;)  I gorged myself.  Then I got some great Black Friday deals from the comfort of my own home VIA the Internet.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:23:49 am by evil_genius_180 »

Offline Randy Landers

« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2012, 11:38:49 pm »
EG, can't explain what the Shovel of Kahless is without ruining a key plot point, sorry!

The Klingon appliances come from two sources: 1) Aradani Studios http://www.aradanicostumes.com/prosthetics_masks/space_ridge_full and 2) Rubies Star Trek Klingon Costume (which includes the appliances). The makeup is generally created by whomever is filming. I'll secure the appliance with spirit gum and then we'll apply a good size bead of Ben Nye latex. If there's a hairdryer, we'll dry it as quickly as we can, and then we go for the color. Commander Kesh (Jack Zumwalt) was colored one month with a combination of rubber grease paint and acrylic paint before filming and let to practically dry. On filming day, I liberally applied  it and Jack with the same brick colored grease paint.  Then Eric Holt (one of our talented actors who's played both a Klingon and Vulcan) came in and highlighted Jack's facial features and a few on the appliance. And voila, one Klingon. Richard Thornton (Lt. Frazier) then did the same with Eric. Ashley Longacre (Q'emBo) did the same to Jeremy Ellenberg, and then Eric and Jeremy did something special with Ashley. Rather than cut a new appliance to Ashley's small forehead, they opted to draw one out on her and create hers with makeup only. Lastly, Khomas (William C. Searcy) is an original series Klingon, and he just simply made himself up dark and swarthy. Worked like a charm. It really is an asset that we're using student-actors from both Georgia Southwestern and Darton College in our production. In addition to their acting takents, they have the most excellent makeup skills.

Randy
Randy Landers
---------
PROJECT POTEMKIN

ORION PRESS