Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

PENFIELD MUSEUM
THE PENFIELD MUSEUM - 703 Creek Road - Crown Point, NY - (518) 597-3804Home of the "3rd Annual Halloween Haunted Homestead - 2012"

Author Topic: "SOLFLEET" by Glenn E. Smith  (Read 57139 times)

Offline NCC1701D

• Born in the back woods...raised by a Bear........
Re: "SOLFLEET" by Glenn E. Smith
« Reply #756 on: December 07, 2011, 08:43:03 am »
Glenn -- My Penny Jar is getting Full....

BOOK II *Yeah baby Yeah*
"Do You Suffer From Long-Term memory Loss?  I Don't Remember!"

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• In-House 1st Ass't Director "Enemy:Starfleet" 2nd A.D. Writer: STP2 Illustrated
  • Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #757 on: December 07, 2011, 04:17:19 pm »
I'm just waiting to hear from the potential new publisher as to whether they will or will not republish book 1. If the news is good I intend to charge forward with book 2 and work on nothing else until it is finished. If the news is not good, then I will need to explore other options.
"Solfleet: The Call of Duty" available for the Kindle and Kindle apps at Amazon.com and other Amazon sites around the world!

Offline nrslori66

« Reply #758 on: December 07, 2011, 06:41:36 pm »
Just ordered a used copy of your book on Amazon.  Looking forward to reading it between semesters.

Lori

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• In-House 1st Ass't Director "Enemy:Starfleet" 2nd A.D. Writer: STP2 Illustrated
  • Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #759 on: December 08, 2011, 02:19:50 am »
Just ordered a used copy of your book on Amazon.  Looking forward to reading it between semesters.

Lori

Thank you, Lori. Hope you enjoy it.
"Solfleet: The Call of Duty" available for the Kindle and Kindle apps at Amazon.com and other Amazon sites around the world!

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #760 on: December 31, 2012, 12:04:16 pm »
Dusting the cobwebs off this old thread to let everyone (who cares) know that I have started a new Facebook page for Solfleet entitled, strangely enough, "Solfleet." I will be taking down the old Solfleet website very soon. I expect to hear something from the potential new publisher before too much longer -- they have had the corrected manuscript in their possession for about 18 months -- so I hope to breathe new life into the series very soon. I know some of you have been waiting for Book #2 for a long time and I'm sorry about the delays. Sometimes that's how things go in publishing...especially when shady companies are part of the equation.

I know there are some people here who do not use Facebook, so while I will be posting stuff over there semi-regularly, I will also cross-post any MAJOR announcements I might make on that page here as well.

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline Anuadela

• Recruit
« Reply #761 on: January 12, 2013, 01:59:57 am »
Glenn, after reading about your journey to publish and the bad taste your first publisher put you through sorta scares me.  I am writing, and have thought about trying this...all I can say is that you inspire me.  I hope you get to republish, thanks for this thread.

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #762 on: January 25, 2013, 12:22:36 pm »
Glenn, after reading about your journey to publish and the bad taste your first publisher put you through sorta scares me.  I am writing, and have thought about trying this...all I can say is that you inspire me.  I hope you get to republish, thanks for this thread.

Anuadela, trying to get published can be a daunting task, but please don't let what I went through with that one company scare you away from trying if that is what you want to do. There are several legitimate, professional publishing companies out there. What you will need more than anything, once you have submitted a manuscript, is patience. As I write this, my potential new publisher has had my revised (read: corrected) manuscript for 20 months... yes, TWENTY months. I received one email from them a few months ago telling my that they selected it from the "slush" pile for closer scrutiny and further consideration, and that they will give me their decision as soon as possible. Patience.

I'm glad that I have inspired you in some way, and thank you for your kind words.

Offline NCC1701D

« Reply #763 on: June 28, 2013, 11:52:16 am »
Glenn,

I'm up to two GINORMOUS Pickle Jars worth of change now.....and Im re-reading Book 1.

BTW... how did you make out, out there in the springs?  I have heard from friends out there that Black Forrest is a Blackened Desert now.

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #764 on: June 29, 2013, 01:56:38 pm »
Glenn,

I'm up to two GINORMOUS Pickle Jars worth of change now.....and Im re-reading Book 1.

BTW... how did you make out, out there in the springs?  I have heard from friends out there that Black Forrest is a Blackened Desert now.

Hahaha... You must REALLY be getting pickled.

It has been nearly 26 months since I submitted the fixed Book 1 manuscript to the potential new publisher. They notified me last August that they had selected it from the pile -- they average 800 submissions per month -- for closer scrutiny and further examination and discussion. But, there were some submissions in line ahead of mine. So, I continue to wait patiently, which is what I should have done the first time years ago.

In the meantime, MUCH of Book 2 is finished. If WHEN the new publisher notifies me that they ARE going to republish Book 1, it will be another year before it arrives on the shelves. I will take that year to complete Book 2.

Offline NCC1701D

« Reply #765 on: July 09, 2013, 07:15:54 am »
Glenn,

That's awsome! Looking forward to the next book. I'm chompin at the bit to see what direction your going to take Dylan and in particular Admiral Hansen.

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #766 on: July 09, 2013, 03:20:48 pm »
I think you'll be very pleased with both. I truly HOPE to be able to make a big announcement very soon.

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #767 on: November 04, 2013, 12:34:56 pm »
SOLFLEET returns in 2014!

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<