Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<< 

Author Topic: U.S.S. Enterprise (CVN-65) returns from Final voyage to be decommissioned  (Read 454 times)

Offline WillDecker

• Recruit
I didn't really know where to post this but I am surprised no one has picked up on it anywhere in Trek Fandom since it is part of the Star Trek Mythology
http://myfox8.com/2012/11/04/uss-enterprise-to-sail-off-to-historys-scrap-heap-after-homecoming/.

Offline Gemini1999

• Global Moderator
Re: U.S.S. Enterprise (CVN-65) returns from Final voyage to be decommissioned
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 05:39:25 pm »
I remember there were news announcements made back in March 2012 when the Enterprise left dock for the last time:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/12/navys-legendary-carrier-uss-enterprise-on-final-voyage/

That's the last I had heard of it

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:50:42 pm »
"Can you direct us to the naval base in Alameda?  It's where they keep the nuclear wessels."

I think one of my great uncles served on the Enterprise.  It's sad to see her go, but such is the way of military equipment.  She definitely served this country proud.  I'm pretty sure they already have another carrier named Enterprise or two.  If not, I'm sure they'll be building a new one soon.

Offline Carwyn

• I got bored.... so I shaved my head
    • Cognitive Dreams
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 03:47:57 am »
I actually all for this ship to be decommissioned. Well I say decomissioned what I actually mean is everybody gets off and the commanding officer and top crew pop on board one night steal the Enterprise from the dock go on a wild adventure to save their friend and end up getting blown up and have to return home in a borrowed enemy vessel.