Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<< 

Author Topic: Star Trek: Into Darkness -- Trailer Speculation  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Aaron-5

Re: Star Trek: Into Darkness -- Trailer Speculation
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 06:14:26 pm »
I'll always be with James and Co.for their trek series,but I still look forward to this newest trek movie,and yeah Benedict as Gary Mitchell or even garth could be very likely,there are hints in the trailer that point to either of them.

And man,all the carnage that takes place in the movie,what have this Kirk and crew got themselves into this time? Man! :lbolt:

Offline Carwyn

• I got bored.... so I shaved my head
    • Cognitive Dreams
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 07:23:35 pm »
Its not even out and I think i've already spotted a plot hole in the film. The Enterprise is parked underwater on a Planet, Kirk and co are being chased by natives and is in bind whether or not to raise the ship to save himself or die to preserve the non-interference part of the prime directive. This sounds fairly reasonable but then you have to ask how the hell did the Enterprise get underwater without them seeing it in the firstplace?

I know there are those who'll say I'll have to watch it to find out or you haven't seen it yet to be able to judge. That is certainly true, however you only have to see somebody murder something once to be able to make a guess as to what they may do a second time.

Offline 1st Ometik'lan

• Recruit
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 09:52:01 pm »
Garth? Don't you mean LORD GARTH?
VICTORY IS LIFE !

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 01:34:16 am »
Or perhaps Fleet Captain Garth, since that was his official Starfleet rank.

Its not even out and I think i've already spotted a plot hole in the film. The Enterprise is parked underwater on a Planet, Kirk and co are being chased by natives and is in bind whether or not to raise the ship to save himself or die to preserve the non-interference part of the prime directive. This sounds fairly reasonable but then you have to ask how the hell did the Enterprise get underwater without them seeing it in the firstplace?

The real question shouldn't be: "how did the ship get underwater without anyone seeing it?"  It should be:  "Why is it underwater?"  It's a space ship.  There's no good reason for it to be underwater.  If it has anything to do with the Prime Directive, they never hid ships underwater previously, they just hid them behind big space bodies or near planetary poles.

I know there are those who'll say I'll have to watch it to find out or you haven't seen it yet to be able to judge. That is certainly true, however you only have to see somebody murder something once to be able to make a guess as to what they may do a second time.

Actually, your statement is flawed.  It clearly operates under the assumption that those of us who are waiting to see what is done don't like the first film.  Maybe we do.  I know I do.  It's not the best thing I've ever seen, but I like it.  However, that's not to say I'll like this one.  And I'm not going to sit here and play guessing games about what "old foe" is back or which TOS episode they're basing this off of when we don't even know if they're basing it off of anything done on TOS or any Star Trek episode or movie.  The main characters whose names we don't know haven't even been revealed, so idle speculation gets us nowhere.

Offline Berenixium

• A Technomage of No Mean Power!
  • Starfleet Member
  • Ars Magica Est Vitae!
    • Tumblr Technomagic
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 05:58:09 am »
It does not necessarily mean I will see the movie at a multiplex theatre. The producers may want to release DVD's at cinema launch 'just to play it safe'. Even then, I am very patient and can quite easily wait for a bargain discount over time. ;)

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline HalOfBorg

• HalOfBorg's Link Page
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 08:46:24 am »
Its not even out and I think i've already spotted a plot hole in the film. The Enterprise is parked underwater on a Planet, Kirk and co are being chased by natives and is in bind whether or not to raise the ship to save himself or die to preserve the non-interference part of the prime directive.

Are you getting all that from the trailer, or is there another source I've not seen?

From the trailer we don't KNOW it's the Enterprise in the water - all we see is "NCC" - and we do see a Federation starship shape crashing into water, apparently on Earth. But the engine struts look like they curve downward - I doubt it's Enterprise.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

Please check out our newest AMV:
http://www.youtube.com/user/io9wwww

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 01:59:28 pm »
From the trailer we don't KNOW it's the Enterprise in the water - all we see is "NCC" - and we do see a Federation starship shape crashing into water, apparently on Earth. But the engine struts look like they curve downward - I doubt it's Enterprise.

Yeah, the ship crashing into the water is not the Enterprise.  That much is certain.  The nacelles are too square-ish and are lacking the big fin-like intercoolers on the back.  Plus, as you said, the pylons are wrong.

Offline qoSagh

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 03:31:15 pm »
I'll always be with James and Co.for their trek series...

Not a fair comparison, the P2 crew actually likes Trek and make their episodes in order to continue a good thing. At best JJ thinks Trek is broken and at worst he hates it, and his movies show that.

Actually, your statement is flawed.  It clearly operates under the assumption that those of us who are waiting to see what is done don't like the first film.  Maybe we do.  I know I do.  It's not the best thing I've ever seen, but I like it....

Oh come on, people who liked the first film are just a myth, we all have a better chance of finding Bigfoot than of finding a JJ Trek fan.

Offline HalOfBorg

• HalOfBorg's Link Page
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 03:41:55 pm »
Oh come on, people who liked the first film are just a myth, we all have a better chance of finding Bigfoot than of finding a JJ Trek fan.

At long last I have achieved mythic status!!!!   :hooray:
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

Please check out our newest AMV:
http://www.youtube.com/user/io9wwww

Offline Gemini1999

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 05:51:59 pm »
I read online yesterday that the blonde woman is Carol Marcus, but instead of her being a civilian scientist, her character is serving aboard the Enterprise as a Starfleet Lieutenant.

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline Saladin_CO

• Starfleet Member
  • Captain Ray Martin
    • Starship Saladin
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 08:22:28 pm »
We don't know that she wasn't ever in Starfleet prior to Wrath of Khan.  We know she was a civilian at the time, but her past could have had starfleet service.  This is an alternate universe anyhow, but I just thought I'd point that out.  :)

Ken

Ray Martin is the Captain of the U.S.S. Saladin, in the latter half of the 23rd Century. Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/SaladinFacebook Episodes: http://tinyurl.com/SaladinEpisodes "Alternate starship designs are from the Starfleet Technical Manual by Franz Joseph (c) 1975

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 09:18:35 pm »
We have to assume she's the blond lab tech to which Gary MItchell eluded to in WNMHGB that Kirk almost married.  That happened while they were at the Academy, so she could very well have been in Starfleet at some point.  Also, don't trust everything you read online.  I read so much crap about the first film and about 5% of it wound up being true.  That's part of the reason I don't want to play that game this time around.

So, are you calling me a sasquatch?  :P  I already said I like it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:21:43 pm by evil_genius_180 »

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<