Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is Disney out of it's collective mind????  (Read 519 times)

Offline Anthony

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
Re: Is Disney out of it's collective mind????
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:29:45 pm »
Why can' t you believe it?  He's a very popular director.  He makes big budget action and Sci-Fi flicks already.  I'm personally not surprised at all that they hired him.  As for how he'll do, we'll just have to wait and see.

Offline Berenixium

• A Technomage of No Mean Power!
  • Starfleet Member
  • Ars Magica Est Vitae!
    • Tumblr Technomagic
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 08:56:30 pm »
Good luck to him and good journeys.

Offline qoSagh

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 11:54:20 pm »
OK so in this one Luke will be a CGI Wookie and Anikan will still be alive, but as a friendly ghost like casper, Han will of course be black and have four arms and speak only sweedish. But other than that it will be Star Wars just as you know it.

Offline S'kai

• G & E
  • Crew
  • Commander Prius-class Shuttlecraft Zhang Heng
    • Turn on sound, not to loud
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 08:47:18 am »
Good for him. Now maybe they will have to get someone who actually likes Star Trek to continue the franchise.
S'kai of Vulcan
XO USS Abraham Lincoln NCC-71809
Region 7, STARFLEET International

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 01:04:47 pm »
Good for him. Now maybe they will have to get someone who actually likes Star Trek to continue the franchise.

Who says he's not going to do both?

Offline Mirror

• Half human and half unknown Phase II Catalan site
  • Mirrors
  • PROTECT ALIENS RIGHTS
    • L'HOLOCOBERTA DE STAR TREK
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 07:23:37 am »
I will keep my opinion until I see the result. In fact, I like the idea of episodes VII, VIII & IX of Star Wars and I knew that George Lucas was not going to fllm them because he always envisioned the whole thing as the story of Darth Vader, and there was no point to keep filming after his death (Vader's death). The only thing that worries me is that there has been a lot of good books set in the Star Wars universe, and Mr Abrams is probably going to ignore them in order to tell a story that pleases him...

Oh, another thing that worries me is the Millenium Falcon... I like the way it is, let's hope Mr Abrams will not add lens flares...

Offline startrekphase2DE

• Phase II German Mirror, Webmaster, Video editing/conversion
  • Crew
    • Star Trek Phase II, English, French, German and Spanish
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 11:27:39 am »
Does not surprise me. His first Star Trek movie was made like a Star Wars movie which had borrowed Star Trek characters. He should move on to do Star Wars properly and let someone who really understands Star Trek to direct future Star Trek movies.

My suggestions for new director would be James Cawley or Manny Coto (who did a good job on Enterprise season 4).

Star Trek Phase II German Mirror:
http://www.startrekphase2.de

English, German, French, Spanish
Subtitles also available in additional languages...

Offline qoSagh

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 07:01:57 am »
When I was a kid and IV, V & VI came out, there was talk of 9 movies. The whole thing about there ever only being 6 and it was all about Darth Vader was Lucas retconning the franchise for some reason. As a matter f fact on my recent vacation I went to a small store/museum that had a press release on display promoting Episode VI that talked about the next TWO trilogies. So this was always in the works, but went on the back burner for a while.

That being said, I don;t think anyone envisioned Disney taking the reigns or that anyone like JJ would ever be around to ruin franchises. Then again who would have thought movies would make movies that slaughtered other shows, like SWAT, Starsky & Hutch, The Brady Bunch, ect. Sometimes I think they (Hollywood not the fans) should just let this stuff die a natural death and not try to make more.

Offline Lost Shuttle 2

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 04:01:44 pm »
I think part of the reason they ( new writers of Hollywood) do not let the shows die is because they can not make up a world in which to put the characters they want to do...so easier to redo old shows and make it their world.

If B&B really though the way they did Trek was good then why not make up a univesre and do it...why redo the history of trek to fit their idea.and then not listen to the fans when they would say what kind of shows they liked.The shows that showed the crew bonding not the ones that showed more skin. Trek was not about skin it was about how people interacted with each other.

As for the Star Wars movies I am a die hard fan of the first three I have not seen the others; other than snippets on tv for the movies and do not have any desire to.. I liked what I saw in the 70's even if Mr Ford did get me in trouble.My problem is the use of all the new tech in the new ones then if a kid sees the first they will go what the heck happened. as there will not be the tech in them.

As for the reason for redoing Trek "They can not do any more Trek the old way is there are no new stories."  Ummm how is Jamse doing his on line ones???  Check out an Fan Fic site and see what is out there..I have done a couple stories for Trek and other shows I liked.
besides my own character driven ones.
That was a cop out just so someone could redo what they wanted for Trek and say it's the only way to grab new fans...

On the Big Valley site I am on we have new fans , thanks to two networks carring the show it did not take a reboot to bring them,some came shortly after Mr. Breck died and our site was in the news bit  BOY HOWDY was it. a note Mrs. Breck sent to us to let us know what happened was posted in every news bit I read on line word for word.
(Side note it is nice to see the guys who played the Barkleys are or were as nice in real life as the people they played, Linda Evans, Charles Briles, and Lee Majors are still  alive, Lee does lots of independant movies)

I know a few young fans of shows on TV LAND shows that were on before they were born, and shockers of all shockers my youngest nephew watches  Rawhide  a show his mom did not watch when it was on..So saying you have to change a show form back when to get new fans  is not true. If a show is good it will bring them no matter how old the show is.

Just MHO

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!