Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<< 

Author Topic: No more giving a penny for your thoughts in Canada  (Read 203 times)

Offline Lost Shuttle 2

No more giving a penny for your thoughts in Canada
« on: February 05, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »
As of yesterday Canada phased out thier penny as of yesterday  they will not be accepted for any payment.And the Goverment wants them back to the point of having some oraginaztions tell you for so many pennies you can do ???

Some stores will round up to tne next nickle but many say they will round down to the next nickle... as in if it is a one or two cents you pay the lower nickle if 3 to 5 you pay the higher nickle

One digs wells over seas so they say for $25.00 worth of pennies you can do help dig a well...so some do not have to figure that is 2,500 pennies ( so my sister says)...Hope who ever dose that has a few people to help carry them to the bank.

Ok now I wonder how much does $25.00 worth of pennies weigh?

As for the Canadian pennies I have I plan on keeping they are after all a piece of history, and have change a bit over the years.

As I typed this I just hard a guy on the news say the penny is gone the nickle is next OUCH!!! hope he is kidding

Offline GSchnitzer

• Co-Executive Producer
  • Administrator
  • Starfleet Member
    • Gregory L. Schnitzer at IMDB
Re: No more giving a penny for your thoughts in Canada
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:54:22 pm »
The pennies themselves will remain legal tender indefinitely, but it’s at the discretion of individual businesses if they’ll accept the coins. From there, businesses can hand them over to banks, who can pass them on to the Canadian Mint.

Gregory L. Schnitzer, RN

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 11:28:38 pm »
The US needs to do this.  It costs too much to mint them.  Besides, I get tired of prices ending in $0.99.  ;)

Offline jrtrek

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 02:36:41 pm »
The US needs to do this.  It costs too much to mint them.  Besides, I get tired of prices ending in $0.99.  ;)

Are you kidding!? That old ploy still works perfectly as a marketing tool. I can't tell you how many times my daughter has come to me and said "but dad, it's only 5 dollars", and when I look at the price tag it says $5.99