Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

Author Topic: I see J.J. Transporter tech as inferior to TOS and beyond.  (Read 180 times)

Offline Anthony

I see J.J. Transporter tech as inferior to TOS and beyond.
« on: February 26, 2013, 07:53:53 pm »
In TOS, the transporter systems had a confinement field that would lock you in place once transport has you targeted.  It seems that the JJ tech did not have the confinement beam at all, otherwise Amanda would not have been lost the way she was.  His seems to be more like the systems from Enterprise, more dangerous than helpful.

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
Re: I see J.J. Transporter tech as inferior to TOS and beyond.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:33:05 pm »
Yep.  Once you were in that confinement beam, you couldn't move until the cycle had completed.  Also, I've noticed it takes them longer to initiate beaming in that movie that it did even as far back as TOS.  I think they even initiated beaming more quickly on Enterprise.

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• In-House 1st Ass't Director "Enemy:Starfleet" 2nd A.D. Writer: STP2 Illustrated
  • Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
Re: I see J.J. Transporter tech as inferior to TOS and beyond.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 05:15:17 pm »
J.J.'s Star Trek is inferior, so it only makes sense that the tech would be inferior as well.
"Solfleet: The Call of Duty" available for the Kindle and Kindle apps at Amazon.com and other Amazon sites around the world!

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<