Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 218 times)

Offline historyman

Hello
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:59:45 pm »
Greetings.  My name is Chris.  I have been a fan of Star Trek for 25 years and find New Voyages/Phase II to be, without a doubt, one of the best efforts.  Your production I find extremely faithful to the look, sound, and spirit of Trek.  Really, this is what the new Star Trek movies should be more like, in my opinion. Star Trek isn't Star Wars. 

With George Takei, Walter Koenig, and Denise Crosby appearing in previous episodes, I wonder what other Star Trek alumni New Voyages/Phase II has drawn the attention of?

Keep up the great work and if I hit the lottery, expect a big donation.

Offline barbreader

• 53 Year Old Turtle... keep those teenagers!
    • Star Trek Reviewed
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:13:17 am »
Welcome to the Star Trek: Phase II Boards.  I am only a boardie who enjoys posting here, so I can't answer your questions... but I can greet you, and say that this is a wonder BB to use to meet fellow Trek lovers.  And I agree that Phase II is unequaled among all the Star Trek Fan productions when you consider both quality and quantity. 

Offline Mirror

• Half human and half unknown Phase II Catalan site
  • Mirrors
  • PROTECT ALIENS RIGHTS
    • L'HOLOCOBERTA DE STAR TREK
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 06:10:17 am »
Hi Chris,

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride. I'm not in the production, I'm only a fan but I run the Catalan version of Phase II website. As I display there the list of alumni Star Trek actors who have appeared in New Voyages/Phase II I have copied, translated and pasted it here for you. This is a list of only those who have appeared on screen:

- Walter Koenig: He is Pavel Chekov in TOS. He appears in episode 2 as a prematurely aged version of his character Pavel Chekov.
- George Takei: He is Hikaru Sulu in TOS. He appears in episode 3 as Hikaru Sulu, reappearing 30 years later (30 seconds here), after being stuck in a different time dimension.
- Grace Lee Whitney: She is Janice Rand in The Original Series. She appears in episode 3 reprising her role as Janice Rand 30 years later as an officer of the USS Excelsior.
- Denise Crosby: She is Tasha Yar in The Next Generation. She appears in episode 5 as Dr. Jenna Yar, the grandmother (or great-grandmother) of the future Tasha Yar.
- Majel Barrett Roddenberry: Wife of Star Trek creator, Gene Roddenberry. She had first appeared in the pilot episode of Star Trek ("The Cage") as 'Number 1' , in The Original Series as nurse Christine Chapel, in The Next Generation and Deep Space 9 as Lwaxana Troi, she has also been the voice of  Lieutenant M'Ress lieutenant in The Animated Series and the voice of the computer in all series of the franchise. She reprises his role as the voice of the Enterprise computer in episode 3.
- Barbara Luna: She appeared as Marlena Moreau in the episode "Mirror, Mirror" in The Original Series. She appears here in episodes 1 (as Veronica) and 6 (as Alersa).
- Mary Linda Rapelye: appeared in the episode "The Way to Eden" in The Original Series as Irina Galliulin. She appears here in episode 2 as Ambassador Morgan.
- William Windom: He was Commodore Matt Decker in the episode "The Doomsday Machine" in TOS. He reprises his role as Matt Decker after he accidentally traveled back in time.
- Malachi Throne: He had appeared in several episodes (voice of Talosian guardian in the pilot episode "The Cage", Commodore Jose I. Mendez ("The Menagerie", Parts I and II-) in TOS and Senator Parek ("Unification", Parts I and II-) in TNG. He appeared here in episode 1 as Captain Korogh.
- Bill Blair: He had appeared in many different characterizations of aliens without dialogue in Deep Space 9, Voyager and Enterprise. Here, in episode 5 as Commander Blodgett of the USS Copernicus.
- John Winston: He was Lieutenant Kyle in TOS. He appears here as Captain Matt Jefferies in the pilot episode.
- Eddie Paskey: He was Lt. Leslie in TOS. He appears here in the pilot episode as Admiral Leslie, father of Lt. Leslie.
- Larry Nemecek: Author, editor, archivist, consultant and producer of Star Trek. He appears here in the pilot episode as Carl Strickland, and episode 2 as one of Esterions arrested.
- Chris Doohan: One of the sons of James Doohan, the actor who played Scotty in TOS. Chris and his twin brother, Montgomery, appeared briefly as extras in the background of the first Star Trek movie, Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Chris Doohan gave his voice to Lieutenant Arex in the vignette "Going Boldly".

Offline Dyno

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 12:21:10 am »
Welcome aboard, Chris!

Great summary, Mirror!  Thanks for doing that.  I'm sure many here, including myself, will find that useful.

Bri