Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

Entertainment Earth
Star Trek Collectibles, Action Figures & More!

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 455 times)

Offline Ms.Understood

Hello
« on: April 05, 2013, 09:32:45 pm »

I watched several of the Phase II episodes on YouTube and was quite interested in finding out more at this web site.  The Phase two stories and productions are really very nice, I'm impressed on how well the special effects look.  I grew up in the 60's and my sister and I were fans back when TOS originally aired on NBC.  I can vividly remember waiting excitedly every week for each new episode to come on.  Years later I went to several of the conventions in the Seattle area and had a chance to meet / see several cast members.   James Doohan was an especially neat man who I met about 20 years ago. 

I remember Mr. Doohan saying that two of his favorite episodes were the "Doomsday Machine" and the "Immunity Syndrome"; both have always been personal favorites of mine too.  It seems surprising that no one (that I know of) has ever written a sequel expanding on the Doomsday or Immunity storylines.  Maybe I will: "Unfinished Business" or "Return to Armageddon" or something like that. 

Plato’s Dictum: "those who tell the stories also hold the power."

I have a YouTube channel under "MsBeguine", but alas no Star Trek material to share.  Back in the late 90's I donated my large collection of Star Trek memorbilia to a charity auction. 

Peace and All Good,

Ms. Understood

Offline barbreader

• 53 Year Old Turtle... keep those teenagers!
    • Star Trek Reviewed
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:28:41 pm »
First of all (addressing one thing at a time), there have been MANY MANY Fan productions about Doomsday Machine.  I have a partial list of Fan Film and audio responses here: http://startrekreviewed-tvandmovies.blogspot.com/2012/01/2.html

Offline barbreader

• 53 Year Old Turtle... keep those teenagers!
    • Star Trek Reviewed
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 11:40:32 pm »
I have not really looked for Immunity Syndrome fan films, but I do think there is one out there.  My website on Pro Trek is my least developed one, since there are so many other websites on pro Trek.  Phase II"s own "In Harm's Way" also includes a tribute to The Doomsday Machine, including William Windom reprising his role in the original story, with a different twist on the ending.  This is my page on Phase II:  http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/20.html

Offline Gary Evans

• Administrator
  • Starfleet Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 09:23:01 am »
Ms, Understood,
  Welcome to the forum. Yes, you should view "In Harm's Way."

Gary

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• In-House 1st Ass't Director "Enemy:Starfleet" 2nd A.D. Writer: STP2 Illustrated
  • Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 02:31:21 pm »
Welcome!
"Solfleet: The Call of Duty" available for the Kindle and Kindle apps at Amazon.com and other Amazon sites around the world!

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline Dyno

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 12:22:04 am »
Welcome aboard!

Bri