Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<< 

Author Topic: So What Has Happened? Forums versus FB?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Mirror

• Half human and half unknown Phase II Catalan site
  • Mirrors
  • PROTECT ALIENS RIGHTS
    • L'HOLOCOBERTA DE STAR TREK
Re: So What Has Happened?????????/
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 07:27:34 am »
What kind of spam? I never get any. I configured my FB in order not to receive any e-mails related to my FB account. And I only receive private FB messages from my friends, plus I'm never notified if I ever receive private FB messages from other people that I don't know, if I do they go to the "others" inbox and I'm only aware of that if I check it. But I don't usually receive anything from unknown sources... In my opinion the Fb configuration is very well designed, you just need to tell what you want to receive or be notified of. With this settled, I understand why some information appears only in Facebook, it's easier to put in there and it reaches more people. But still, major information is also in here, like release dates, new epiodes, and so forth...

I still check every day here. And I'm also connected in Facebook quite often every day. New posts appear in the news feed, but you need to check James Cawley's profile or New Voyages site in case you missed something. Here, at least, you just press the "unread" link and everything is in there.

As everything, both have their pros and their cons.

Offline PattyW

• producer, writer, costume designer
  • Starfleet Member
  • Elphie...
    • Walter Koenig's Offical Website
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 05:24:09 pm »
Yes, the forum slows down....especially when everyone is deep into preproduction for the June shoot. We are trying to work on that.

BAF has 2 million views on OUR pages. It has many, many more spread all over youtube and our mirror sites and the folks that "stole" it and posted it places.

I'd like to clear up a couple things. First, the episodes don't get "filmed" in one June shoot and then worked on in post production for years. The June shoot is our principle shoot. Not one of our episodes has ever been entirely filmed during one of these, even when we got every scene "in the can". During the editing process we always find things we missed or things that are not usable...both for many varied reasons. Or we can't finish shooting what we intended. Two cases in point: Enemy Starfleet had location shooting that was scheduled SIX times during shoots and weather prevented it being filmed 5 of those times. "The Child"s required footage we didnt finish "picking up" until January of 2012. So, actually, The Child was actually released 4 months after filiming finished. That's pretty darn good.

Second...the urban myth that it is "years and years" between our releases. Below is a chart of our release dates, including the number of days between them noted. (Thanks to Greg S for the information)

Release                                             Dates                              Date since last release

Come What May                          1/16/04
In Harms Way                   10/28/04                             266   
Center Seat                             3/17/06                             510
To Serve All My Days                     11/23/06                             251
World Enough and Time               8/23/07                             273
Blood and Fire Part One             10/20/08                             484
Blood and Fire Part Two             11/20/09                             334
Enemy: Starfleet!                          4/15/11                             511
No Win Scenario                          10/8/11                             176
The Child                               4/2/12                        177
Boldly Going                               8/6/12                        126

Offline Dyno

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 02:05:26 pm »
I do agree about the pros and cons of FB as well as everything Patty said.

Bri

Offline RobertMfromLI

• Life down here is just a strange illusion... (Iron Maiden) ──────────────────────
  • Administrator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • "Door!" ──────────────────────
    • "My" Space - Come Visit It!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 01:37:29 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24bSzDJTgYE   

Blood and Fire now over 2 MILLION VIEWS

In total, Blood and Fire is around FOUR million views... that includes the German and other mirrors, the episode in my channel, and downloads.  :hooray:
Iron Maiden

More pain and misery in the history of mankind...
Sometimes it seems more like the blind leading the blind...

Tell me why...
Please tell me why...

www.RobertMauro.com

Online Tony F

• Official annual assember of the Bridge systems BoilerMan and Electronics design and repair for Retrofilm Studios
  • Crew
  • Starfleet Member
  • My South Park Avatar Provided by Kim Rodenberry
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 09:57:59 pm »
Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the
promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue
sky?

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline PattyW

• producer, writer, costume designer
  • Starfleet Member
  • Elphie...
    • Walter Koenig's Offical Website
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 10:05:24 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24bSzDJTgYE   

Blood and Fire now over 2 MILLION VIEWS

In total, Blood and Fire is around FOUR million views... that includes the German and other mirrors, the episode in my channel, and downloads.  :hooray:

Then the real number is probably about EIGHT million views....because you aren't counting all the dozens of un-approved/un official posts of the episode on YouTube....which are far greater than the number of official ones we keep track of!

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<