Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<< 

Author Topic: Star Trek Continues...  (Read 1790 times)

Offline AjhomRyder

• Recruit
    • 4x4 offroad club, its my club!!!!
Star Trek Continues...
« on: June 18, 2013, 04:14:46 pm »
Ok so now we have 2 online companies doing Star Trek episodes, however I do believe the guy that plays Kirk in, Star Trek Continues, not only has the body of Kirk, he has the face of Jonathan Archer, its amazing! And to think they have James Doohan's son playing Scoty, is totally amazing, not only does he look like his dad, he has the same Scottish accent to, I really enjoyed there first episode.

I do have a few questions... What happens if you do the same episode? Is that why you was not allowed to complete another episode you wanted to do!

Anyway I thought I would share the love, and the TREK  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3G-ziTBAkbQ

Enjoy, I really did...  :hooray:

Here is there home page!

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:18:06 pm by AjhomRyder »
Its not just time and space!! Its hours minutes and seconds and the whole damm calender, in fact what the hell do I do now!! damm these signatures ;)

Offline Gary Evans

• Administrator
  • Starfleet Lieutenant
Re: Star Trek Continues...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 06:50:52 pm »
Moved to here because it is another fan film.

Gary Evans
Admin
18 June 2013

Offline AjhomRyder

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 07:06:38 pm »
Ahh ok...  :duh:
Its not just time and space!! Its hours minutes and seconds and the whole damm calender, in fact what the hell do I do now!! damm these signatures ;)

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• In-House 1st Ass't Director "Enemy:Starfleet" 2nd A.D. Writer: STP2 Illustrated
  • Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 09:57:38 am »
I do have a few questions... What happens if you do the same episode? Is that why you was not allowed to complete another episode you wanted to do!

AjhomRyder,

There is virtually no chance of both series producing the same episode. We are two completely different production teams working independently of one another in different parts of the country. So far, to the best of my knowledge, no one who has written episodes for us has also written episodes for them, and vice-versa. While it is theoretically possible that someday the two shows might produce episodes with similar storylines and/or messages, I doubt we (both groups) will ever produce episodes SO similar to one another that they qualify to be called "the same episode."

As for your second question, the only episode we have planned to produce and then were "not allowed to," for reasons I will not go into because it would take a long time to explain, was one that was originally written for the "official" Star Trek. The folks at Star Trek Continues had nothing to do with that.

I hope this answers your questions.
"Solfleet: The Call of Duty" available for the Kindle and Kindle apps at Amazon.com and other Amazon sites around the world!

Offline PattyW

• producer, writer, costume designer
  • Starfleet Member
  • Elphie...
    • Walter Koenig's Offical Website
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 09:28:42 pm »
People that write episodes for us sign a contract saying it is exclusive to us.

CBS has asked us to no longer film/produce anything they have paid someone to write previously. (the reason being that they may want to use something previously written and not filmed for their JJ movies.) This is what you are referrring to with your comment on "He Walked Among Us"

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline Saladin_CO

• Starfleet Member
  • Captain Ray Martin
    • Starship Saladin
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 09:53:11 pm »
That wouldn't affect scripts like "Mind Sifter" would it?  Just curious.  I still hope one day that one will get finished.  :)

Ray Martin is the Captain of the U.S.S. Saladin, in the latter half of the 23rd Century. Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/SaladinFacebook Episodes: http://tinyurl.com/SaladinEpisodes "Alternate starship designs are from the Starfleet Technical Manual by Franz Joseph (c) 1975

Offline PattyW

• Starfleet Member
  • Elphie...
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 11:45:30 pm »
No. Just "future productions". And, actually, MS is owned by the editors of "Star Trek The New Voyages". And, of course, Shirley's family.

Offline AjhomRyder

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 07:10:40 am »
Well I for one would love Phase II to do the episodes, JJ has ruined TREK! Gene really does not exist in JJ's version. Genes unique vision, was what Star Trek is all about, the ideals that man will one day be better then he already is, leaving behind wars that man could one day live in peace, and learn to build a better Earth together... That seems to be missing in the new Trek films....

I for one did not find myself wanting to go back and see the films again. 2009 ST, I watched twice! The latest rehash of Khan I watched once. That was not like when I watched, The Undiscovered country, I watched 6 times! Wrath of Khan, I have lost count! Generations I watched 5 times, at the cinema!

So the idea that they are saving these great stories to be ruined by JJ, really is not the best card CBS has ever played.

Anyway I look forward to your next episode  :hooray:

Offline Cacher123

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 06:44:40 pm »
Just an FYI, I wrote one post on facebook complaining about STCs continual hawking for funds and now I'm blocked from posting on thier site! Talk about thin skins!

Offline PattyW

• Starfleet Member
  • Elphie...
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 11:42:34 pm »
You should have seen the sh**storm that happened when I suggested we could send them some excellent scripts that we can't produce for one reason or another....

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline qoSagh

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 12:22:04 am »
Nice offer to be sure, but I can see where they might be perceived as hand me downs or rejects. Not that they are that, but I can see how it might look that way. I can think of at least one TNG script that was rescued from the trash bin and it was not a great episode. To controversial to bring up in this thread but after reading an article about it once I thought, that explains allot.

Offline Lewis E. Kilgo

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 04:45:55 am »
They're definitely all about their own production. Anything you post ton their FB page that isn't directly on topic gets deleted in short order.

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<