Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<< 

Author Topic: Star Trek Continues...  (Read 1733 times)

Offline AjhomRyder

• Recruit
    • 4x4 offroad club, its my club!!!!
Re: Star Trek Continues...
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 05:01:42 am »
They're definitely all about their own production. Anything you post ton their FB page that isn't directly on topic gets deleted in short order.

Thats a bit harsh, after all we should all be one happy family, keeping Star Trek alive, in Gene's image is the most important thing any fan could do!!!

I would love to hear more about that Next Gen episode  :claph:
Its not just time and space!! Its hours minutes and seconds and the whole damm calender, in fact what the hell do I do now!! damm these signatures ;)

Offline Berenixium

• A Technomage of No Mean Power!
  • Starfleet Member
  • Ars Magica Est Vitae!
    • Tumblr Technomagic
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 11:24:41 am »
Nothing against these guys, won't hear a bad word from me. But most of my focus and concentration will be on Phase II and other areas of scifi. Good luck to them, one big happy fleet.

Offline Lewis E. Kilgo

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 03:12:44 pm »
Not trying to be harsh, and I did enjoy their first episode, with a few minor quibble. (Dropping Apollo on a primitive planet - huge Prime Directive violation.) It's just that their level of self-promotion is a bit of a turn-off. It's like the new kids on the block constantly saying "See, we can do it too!"

Offline AjhomRyder

• Recruit
    • 4x4 offroad club, its my club!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 06:54:10 am »
Yeah, as I said Kirk and Scotty came over ok. However Sulu played by Grant well he was trying to be someone else, the false voice was a big no no! Never try and be someone you are not  :groucho:
Its not just time and space!! Its hours minutes and seconds and the whole damm calender, in fact what the hell do I do now!! damm these signatures ;)

Offline Mirror

• Half human and half unknown Phase II Catalan site
  • Mirrors
  • PROTECT ALIENS RIGHTS
    • L'HOLOCOBERTA DE STAR TREK
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 08:43:44 am »
Dropping Apollo on a primitive planet - huge Prime Directive violation.
Prime Directive only applies to Federation members, Apollo is not. The Federation can agree or disagree, but cannot punish him.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 03:49:10 pm by Mirror »

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline PattyW

• producer, writer, costume designer
  • Starfleet Member
  • Elphie...
    • Walter Koenig's Offical Website
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 11:53:46 pm »
well if THE FEDERATION STARSHIP dropped Apollo into a primative society...then the STARSHIP violated the Prime Directive by interferring in their development by introducing Apollo to the culture.

Offline Mirror

• Half human and half unknown Phase II Catalan site
  • Mirrors
  • PROTECT ALIENS RIGHTS
    • L'HOLOCOBERTA DE STAR TREK
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 04:23:02 am »
Oh, yes, in that case you are right.

Offline jrtrek

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 07:56:55 am »
And this would be the first time they violated the prime directive  ;D

Offline qoSagh

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 10:27:14 am »
well if THE FEDERATION STARSHIP dropped Apollo into a primative society...then the STARSHIP violated the Prime Directive by interferring in their development by introducing Apollo to the culture.
Oh, yes, in that case you are right.

And that's why he is the Captain!

Offline uss2048

• Recruit
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 12:36:22 am »
Well, I surely support the STP2 movies.  As for the latest renaissance of Star Trek in releasing new official movies, I appreciate it a lot.  So far, I have watched them two both.  They are good.  At the sae time, I also wonder what the story of these future official movies will be.  Will they all be remake of the TOS episodes only?  I definitely hope not.  Let there be at most ten such movies coming out in the future.  Then according of current production schedule, the last one will be released in around year 2037.  I wish the movies which follow that will be using the story time line of STP2 - covering the unfinished first five years mission to the second five years missio.  May be Paramount will buy copy rights from the Cawley Company then.

KC
Hong Kong

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline Cacher123

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 06:58:45 pm »
Ultimately, the longeveity of these fan based "episodes" comes down to one thing, the response of the fans. As fans, we like to be appreciated. I think that after seeing Phase IIs operation firsthand, and seeing how STC is hawking for money (something James never did) and is so thin skinned of any negative comments, that they will ultimately pay the price and fade away. Which in itself is too bad. Those of us that have been around since the beginining of Trek enjoy seeing these ongoing journeys regardless of who makes them. Those of us around my age even have some disposable income or time to donate to the productions. I just got back from a week at Phase II and while it was indeed "Fantasy camp for Trekkies"  :hooray:, it was a week of hard work, hotel bills, transportation fees, some various needed supplies for the shoot while I was there and various and other sundries. All in all, i probably could have gone on a weekend cruise with my wife with what I spent that week. After the reception I recvd from Phase II and James, Rob and the rest of the gang, I would think nothing of doing it again in a heartbeat. Matter of fact, if they will have me, i will be back next summer (fingers crossed that they are still shooting then!).
Conversely, I watched the first episode of STC which truthfully was pretty good and i commented as such and then subscribed to thier facebook feed. Next thing I knew I was getiing 2-3 messages a day asking for money. I didn't appreciate this tactic and just mentioned it on the site. I didn't even get a response other than to be banned from thier page. Guess where my loyalties are NOT going?

Offline Dyno

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 11:16:00 pm »
Yup, that's how Phase II works.  You go to your first shoot for the total trek geek out and you keep coming back for the family.

It really is a great bunch of people I am very proud and honored to be associated with.

Brian Covault (G&E Team)

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<