Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

PENFIELD MUSEUM
THE PENFIELD MUSEUM - 703 Creek Road - Crown Point, NY - (518) 597-3804Home of the "3rd Annual Halloween Haunted Homestead - 2012"

Author Topic: Star Trek Continues...  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Number One

• Kirk's uniform is GREEN not gold. See my link by signature
  • Recruit
Re: Star Trek Continues...
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 03:27:21 pm »
I thought the episode was terrible, and blame could be on the directing and the script.  Scenes felt forced which at times were laughable, and I'm normally forgiving when watching these projects because I know it's a fan film.  This episode just felt as if they had to complete something out of the can just to see what they CAN do.  I'm a BIG opponent to retroactive characterizations, meaning importing 21st century sensibilities into a series or production who couldn't look that far ahead into the future.  The dialogue for the women cast members are too 2013 for me, the lines should be how the lines were in the 1960's.  It comes off laughable when Kirk, whose dialogue is true to Shatner from 60's is chatting with a woman who CLEARLY is speaking dialect from 2013, it doesn't flow- -it's like those SNL skits where characters are definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time.  You can't have the males speaking in one way and the women talking in another way--it's silly.  I'm all about being a progressive but Star Trek had it's own unique way of getting that across but yaking it up was more in the line of Star Trek: The Next Generation.  Donations are the least of STC's troubles, it's the amatuer writing is where they desperately need donations.

Offline Gemini1999

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 05:40:40 pm »
I honestly don't get the ire being directed at the STC crew and cast...  I watched their first episode and for what it offered, I thought that it was very good.  At least as good as anything NV/PH2 has done.  I think that there's plenty of room for more than one TOS fan production.  Lord knows that there have been others out there - some good and not so good.  Considering that STC is made by fans just like all the rest, you can't expect perfection...especially with volunteers to do the work.  I'm sure that everyone (no matter which fan production) does their best and hopes that people enjoy it.  As far as STC "hawking" for money on FB, it's not the only fan production that does that.  Considering how many people FB reaches, it does seem like the best way to do it.  The Kickstarter fund raiser STC has going has almost reached their goal, which is no small amount of money.  I was wondering if maybe the NV/PH2 team should consider the same strategy to raise money.  It seems to work very well.

Offline DudleyGrunt

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 09:41:49 pm »
I fist discovered STC in August, then looking for more fan ST, I found NV/P2.  I very much enjoy both.

Offline 1st Ometik'lan

• Recruit
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 07:01:32 pm »
I found STC last night on Utube I was surprised at the number of well known actors that appeared in the 2 episodes
I liked the idea of a follow up episode with Apollo & in 'Lolani '  Erin Gray as a Commador & Lou Ferrigno as an Orion slave trader, he's use to wearing the green body makeup
but they could improve the Spock, McCoy & Sulu characters
I'll watch ANYTHING that redheaded ship's councelor is in  :groucho:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:05:50 pm by 1st Ometik'lan »
VICTORY IS LIFE !