I've been on the e-cigs for about 3 weeks now. I started out with the Blu brand, alternated with my last pack of normal cigarettes for one day, and haven't wanted tobacco since.
I've moved on to the larger cartomizers (that's what they're called) because I've found they have a lot of advantages over the cartridge type
1) they just have a better draw, which I find more satisfying.
2) push button activation, so there's no chance of a breeze activating them and overheating the cartridge.
3) they don't look like a cigarette, so that negative association is gone.
4) bottle refills, which are cheaper still than the disposable cartridges.
5) no compatibility issues if you try a different brand of liquid.
and I'm sure there are more....
I'm currently using the MyStart cartomizers. The charger, a 6-8 hour battery, and one tank run about $35 for initial setup. A 10 ml bottle of liquid runs about $6, and last about 3 days if I stick to one flavor all the time.
(and I was up to nearly 2 packs a day) The tanks run around $5 if you want to keep an assortment of flavors on hand, and the elements in them need to be replaced every month or two (around $2) Overall, it costs
less than half of what I was spending on cigarettes, and I live in a cheap state. My chest certainly feels a lot better, and my "smoker's cough" is completely gone. For those who just can't kick the habit, it's certainly worth a try.https://www.ecigcharleston.com/
Note that most tobacco shops are starting to stock these and similar systems, so you can find a place to sample the different flavors before you buy.