Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

PENFIELD MUSEUM
THE PENFIELD MUSEUM - 703 Creek Road - Crown Point, NY - (518) 597-3804Home of the "3rd Annual Halloween Haunted Homestead - 2012"

Author Topic: Star Trek Antyllus, the new series from George Kayaian.  (Read 460 times)

Offline barbreader

• 53 Year Old Turtle... keep those teenagers!
    • Star Trek Reviewed
Star Trek Antyllus, the new series from George Kayaian.
« on: October 06, 2013, 12:29:28 pm »
It's released it's first episode. 
 Episode 1: The Building In A Bubble
 Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES8Kra-DY2Y  (20:40)
 Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvFsi9SUneE (22:25)

Offline Dyno

• Global Moderator
Re: Star Trek Antyllus, the new series from George Kayaian.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:10:07 pm »
Not bad for a first episode.  Good story.  The second part was much better for me.  The first part was slow and awkward at times.  Again, though, for a first episode, I enjoyed it.

Bri

Offline qoSagh

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 12:22:11 pm »
OK, The internet apparently ate my reply.

I just finished watching part 1. While it did have some slow parts, I think it is a good first outing. Overall I liked it.

At first I did not like the office building setting, although once they met the insurance guy, it took on a sort of hitchhiker's guide vibe that was nice, but not really trek like to me.

I noticed a couple of costuming issues, first being the sizes. The doctor seems like his is a size too small, and the bridge crew seems like theirs are all a size too big.

I also am noticing allot of fan films seem to have actors with beards, which is not only out of place in TOS, it is out of place in anything trying to be a retro 1960's TV show.

The sick bay set was a little off putting, clearly it was in the same office building as the insurance company. The least they could have done was cover the plugs and thermostat.

Offline DCR

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 06:21:06 am »
Good to see something new, but I didn't care for how tight all the shots were. I'd have liked to see more background in the interior shots. I know it likely hid any issues with the sets, but it really made things feel claustrophobic.

Offline Cacher123

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 05:11:59 pm »
That. Was. Painfull. To. Watch.

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline Saladin_CO

• Starfleet Member
  • Captain Ray Martin
    • Starship Saladin
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:31:59 pm »
You guys have to understand that George Kayaian is a garage filmmaker.  We're talking no budget, so he has to be very creative to accomplish anything.  He's a very cool guy with a great imagination, and he's doing this with love.  Give it a chance. 

He was doing fan films before Starship Exeter. 

I'm working on assisting him with some FX upgrades, and with some work, these films should be a lot of fun.  Not everyone has the resources of Phase II.

As far as beards go, we've only seen a few officers in canon episodes.  Why not allow beards?  Besides, he asked us whether we preferred the beard or not, and those of us helping him out preferred it and recommended he keep it. 

Ken
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:34:06 pm by Saladin_CO »

Ray Martin is the Captain of the U.S.S. Saladin, in the latter half of the 23rd Century. Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/SaladinFacebook Episodes: http://tinyurl.com/SaladinEpisodes "Alternate starship designs are from the Starfleet Technical Manual by Franz Joseph (c) 1975

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<