Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

PENFIELD MUSEUM
THE PENFIELD MUSEUM - 703 Creek Road - Crown Point, NY - (518) 597-3804Home of the "3rd Annual Halloween Haunted Homestead - 2012"

Author Topic: YouTube, Google+ changes = We have had to disable Comments!  (Read 191 times)

Offline startrekphase2DE

• Phase II German Mirror, Webmaster, Video editing/conversion
  • Crew
    • Star Trek Phase II, English, French, German and Spanish
YouTube, Google+ changes = We have had to disable Comments!
« on: November 14, 2013, 06:05:22 pm »
Hi,
I run the popular startrekphase2DE YouTube channel which was working fine until Google decided to force people to join Google+ to make comments. They also made a number of further changes which has basically made it impossible to properly manage comments on the YouTube channel. This is a problem affecting EVERY YouTube channel, not just us.

I have tried for several days to get the comments working, but it just takes a massive amount of time and lots of comments are being marked as spam which are not and yet impossible to approve.

Anyway, in order to continue to allow comments, I would have to give up the rest of my day to keep up and as I still have to eat, sleep and earn money so I can continue to live, the only other option was to disable comments on the YouTube channel so that is what I have done.

If you want to comment, you will find a little "Download" link under each video which takes you to the appropriate page on www.startrekphase2.de where you will find a comments section.

I am currently updating the www.startrekphase2.de website to greatly improve the streaming videos there and add some more cool features. Not ready yet, but I hope it will be soon.

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:12:40 pm by trekcon »
Star Trek Phase II German Mirror:
http://www.startrekphase2.de

English, German, French, Spanish
Subtitles also available in additional languages...

Offline Dyno

• Global Moderator
Re: YouTube, Google+ changes = We have had to disable Comments!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 07:38:57 pm »
Thanks for all of your work on this, Peter!  Appreciated.

Brian Covault (G&E Team)

Offline qoSagh

Re: YouTube, Google+ changes = We have had to disable Comments!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 09:37:27 pm »
I noticed this as a viewer on several channels I subscribe to. I could not post comments until I set up a Google+ account, which I hate the idea of. Somehow when I logged on the other night it (through a series of popups) lead me to create one that uses my Youtube nickname but is linked to my gmail account. Of course I only got that account because I use an Android phone, so I never use it for actual e-mail. It is all very Orwellian if you ask me.