Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

Author Topic: And The Countdown Begins....  (Read 1627 times)

And The Countdown Begins....
« on: November 24, 2013, 06:43:45 pm »

Today on the Star Trek: Phase II facebook page this was announced:

on the klingon homeworld

It is with Great Happiness that we announce on January 1, 2014 we will release the complete episode “KITUMBA”! which will mark James Cawley’s last appearance as James Kirk for STAR TREK:PHASE II! and then, on February 14, 2014 Celebrate Valentines Day with a remarkable story that brings Dr. Carol Marcus aboard The Enterprise as Brian Gross takes over the title role and carries Phase II into the future! 
The Human Adventure Continues with STAR TREK:PHASE II!!

Offline qoSagh

Re: And The Countdown Begins....
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 11:00:52 pm »
Woo Hoo!  :hooray: :claph: ;D :bigsmile: :fingx:

Offline IanW

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 01:54:24 am »
Looks like happy dance time again!  :Alol:

Offline Cable

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:47:31 am »
Happy Happy Joy Joy
In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.
Douglas Adams

Offline Aaron-5

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 03:44:23 pm »
Oooooh yeah! This is the one STP2 episode I've been highly anticipating for quite some time. I'll be marking my newest calendar for it as well. Way to go team!

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline crashpilot

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:29:30 pm »

Facebook again... Did Cawley even announce it himself? Why even maintain this board?
Ladies and gentlemen I've been here for many years, my loyalty taken for granted in one form or another. Final straw!

I'm outta here!

Offline AlecWest

• Crew
  • Starfleet Member
  • Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 07:23:33 pm »

Facebook again... Did Cawley even announce it himself? Why even maintain this board?

Good question since the announcement was posted by a "Guest."  Didn't know guests could post to the forum - much less an area as sensitive as the "Announcements" topic.

Ladies and gentlemen I've been here for many years, my loyalty taken for granted in one form or another. Final straw!

I'm outta here!

Crashpilot, if it ever gets to a point where "Facebook membership" is required to hear about these things, I'll be right behind you.  As things are I'm still left with some questions - the answers to which are important to maintaining my mirror site:

1)  What happened to "Bread & Savagery?"  Is "The Holiest Thing" now episode 9 - with "Bread & Savagery" moved to the episode 10 slot?

2)  When will mirror sites get HD or high-res copies of each episode?  Will mirrors be given at least a week's lead time before the episodes are supposed to be hot and online?

3)  Any news on the official poster for "The Holiest Thing?"

Regards,
J. Alec West
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:52:04 pm by AlecWest »
"When you least expect it, someone may actually listen to what you have to say."
-- Maggie Kuhn, founder of the Gray Panthers

http://p2trek.com - http://farragut.novelhost.net - http://potemkin.novelhost.net
http://Trek-A-Lot.p2trek.com

Offline PattyW

• producer, writer, costume designer
  • Starfleet Member
  • Elphie...
    • Walter Koenig's Offical Website
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 07:36:57 pm »
"guest" in this case it the website. When something is posted to the website it is copied to the announcements section and to all the FB pages.

Offline AlecWest

• Crew
  • Starfleet Member
  • Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit.
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 03:30:13 am »
"guest" in this case it the website. When something is posted to the website it is copied to the announcements section and to all the FB pages.

That's good.  I hope forum members are kept in the loop in all future decisions.

Still, I have those 3 questions I asked ... which (blush) were added by modification "before" I knew you'd replied to the topic.  Any idea on the answers to those questions?

Regards,
J. Alec West
"When you least expect it, someone may actually listen to what you have to say."
-- Maggie Kuhn, founder of the Gray Panthers

http://p2trek.com - http://farragut.novelhost.net - http://potemkin.novelhost.net
http://Trek-A-Lot.p2trek.com

Offline Cable

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 10:03:08 am »
It appears that the announcement cut off the additional information from James. Here is what it says and this should answer some of your questions Alec

Hello Everyone,

First off I would like to say Thank You So Much to all of you who are our Friends, Fans and Supporters. I have been reading many of your posts today and wanted to take a moment to try and answer some of your questions regarding the series, New episodes, and my involvement.

As many of you know that I started this series more than 10 years ago so I could live out my childhood fantasy of getting to play Captain Kirk. I wanted to continue that 5 year mission and finish off those last two seasons we never got. Well, I enjoyed playing the part immensely. I got to live my dream to be Kirk. I got to appear on screen with my heroes George Takei, and Walter Koenig, and Barbra Luna! I will forever be Grateful to them. However, during the course of playing the part I was subjected to many, many cruel comments posted on several websites as to my acting abilities, or my looks and quite honestly it was becoming much to much handle. I was devastated by the venom. I could not fathom, how my fellow Trek fans could be so hurtful towards me for just playing a part!

So I decided to step down as an actor, and take my show to a new level and find a new young actor to fill the role, not an amateur but a pro! I found that in Brian Gross. A Terrific and very talented guy with many guest appearances on many prime time TV series! He is still getting settled in, but I assure you it is a pleasure watching him settle into and find the swagger of the character, I feel over the next three episodes he will be completely in the groove and what I like is that he is making Kirk his own and NOT doing a Shatner impersonation! I am still here, guiding the series as Senior Executive Producer and I have more time to devote to the creative side of the series.

We are Releasing the long delayed episode “Kitumba” on January 1, 2014, which will mark my finale as Kirk, and then on February 14, 2014 we release “The Holiest Thing” with Brian Gross taking over.

In post production we have “Bread and Savagery” which is next in line for release. “Mind-Sifter” will be shot and completed in late June of this year with Brian Gross. The episode “Origins” has been placed on hold, pending a complete re shoot due to complications with actor availability.

Again, let me say Thank You to all of those who I have worked with over the last 10 years and to those of you who have enjoyed our work.  I look forward to many more voyages together, Live Long and Prosper Friends!

James Cawley
In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.
Douglas Adams

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline The Inner Light

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 10:07:56 am »
I don't know James other than what I read here, but have to really commend him for what he said.  I think it is horrible that a guy like James would spend his personal money to do what he has done only to be ridiculed.  At the end of the day, I've learned that for everyone negative comment there are probably 100 positive things people will say.  The positive doesn't come out as much.  That said, all I can say is that there ARE people out here that have very much appreciated what you've done and don't judge you or anyone else. 

Even though you're in the background now, please keep up the good work.  It is really enjoyed by many!

Offline Aaron-5

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 02:30:37 pm »
Man,I know there were some people out there who didn't like james as kirk on YT,but I had no idea there were that many. I for one,always loved James Cawley as Kirk,hair and all.

Even though I look forward to Brian Gross as Kirk,for me James Cawley will always be one of my Kirks.
Either way,keep it coming James,i'm rooting for ya!