Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

Author Topic: And The Countdown Begins....  (Read 1618 times)

Offline AlecWest

• Crew
  • Starfleet Member
  • Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit.
Re: And The Countdown Begins....
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 06:28:30 pm »

It appears that the announcement cut off the additional information from James. Here is what it says and this should answer some of your questions Alec

Actually, this announcement from James may answer "more" than the questions I asked.  Please give me a link to the web-page where this announcement appears.  Thanks

P.S.  I noticed two things.  First, the main homepage for startreknewvoyages.com has been down for a couple of days.  Secondly, on the main forum page under the topic "Announcements" are the words, "You'll hear it here first!"  Also on the main forum page, the episodes are not yet listed in the order James specified in his recent announcement.  Understandable since he just made the announcement.  Hopefully that will be updated soon ... perhaps before the ad for "AVG 2011" is updated. 8)

Regards,
J. Alec West
"When you least expect it, someone may actually listen to what you have to say."
-- Maggie Kuhn, founder of the Gray Panthers

http://p2trek.com - http://farragut.novelhost.net - http://potemkin.novelhost.net
http://Trek-A-Lot.p2trek.com

Offline PattyW

• producer, writer, costume designer
  • Starfleet Member
  • Elphie...
    • Walter Koenig's Offical Website

Offline Number One

• Kirk's uniform is GREEN not gold. See my link by signature
  • Recruit
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 02:58:27 am »
I wasn't aware of the criticisms of James Cawley's portrayal of Kirk.  I for one enjoyed his take, I think it's miles better than the actor from Star Trek Continues.  Watching your series, this includes PattyW and the rest of the creative team, has only inspired me to write classic stories of Trek and hoped to submit them to you.  I hope you will return as Kirk someday and tell more stories with the non refit USS Enterprise.  God speed and happy holidays.

--Kevin

Offline startrekphase2DE

• Phase II German Mirror, Webmaster, Video editing/conversion
  • Crew
    • Star Trek Phase II, English, French, German and Spanish
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 06:40:06 am »
I have been responding to the comments posted on my startrekphase2DE YouTube channel. They differed in general according to the video.

00 Come What May: Usually lots of negative comments about the Elvis hair style and poor acting. Most people tend to look for negative things they do not like. In general, I deleted the hair comments and anyone who was particularly rude got banned from the channel. There were also a number of positive comments as well.

01 In Harms Way: Generally, people liked this.

02 To Serve All My Days: People complain about the ending, I always gave a link to the alternative ending.

03 World Enough and Time: This episode got a lot of praise, very few negative comments

04-5 Blood and Fire: This episode was full of very aggressive complaints about the gay scene. this episode attracts by far the most negative comments. Interestingly their were no complaints about the horrific scene where a member of the crew was eaten by blood worms, but a scene where two people expressed affection for each other got a massive amount of criticism with a few positive comments as well.

06 Enemy Starfleet: A number of negative comments about the gay character.

07 The Child: You still get people complaining about the acting. But generally, relatively positive comments

08 Kitumba - First Half: Like WEaT, this episode gets a lot of praise.

Throughout all episodes, there are always those complaining about Kirk's Elvis appearance, wrong hair colour, poor acting, etc. All comments I strongly disagree with. It seems there are people out there who have nothing better to do than criticize everything, yet cannot do any better themselves.

My opinion is you should only listen to people who have earned the right to have an opinion. Someone who is say a good actor has earned the right to judge someone's acting for example. I do not listen to the nay-sayers as they usually say no to everything and have nothing constructive to offer. There is nothing to be learned from such people. If Patrick Stewart were to give his opinions on acting, that is someone who knows what he is talking about and who we can listen to.

In my personal opinion, James has done a fantastic job of following his dream of playing Kirk and I find his portrayal good and convincing. The high standards he has applied to the series has let to a number of very good episodes. The only thing I would want to improve is the speed these episodes are released.

Just my two cents...

Peter
Star Trek Phase II German Mirror:
http://www.startrekphase2.de

English, German, French, Spanish
Subtitles also available in additional languages...

Offline cawleyent

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 05:43:57 pm »
We are in the process of Redoing the website and forum, getting a new administrator and so forth. It has been set up right now so that we when a team member pots to  Facebook, it automatically cross posts here! It shows as a guest post unfortunately. We are working  on getting things changed so all people can be kept informed!

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline Fez

• Grip/Electric/Scriptie/Whatever
  • Crew
  • The Only Fez here....
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 02:21:58 pm »
unfortunately there is no plug-in at least to my knowledge that allows the cross post to Google+, so I end up reposting whatever info is posted when I get a chance, usually the same day
"Gentleman, Space is not the final frontier... the final frontier is the human soul. Space is where we meet the challenge."

Offline akira8

• Recruit
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 01:38:15 pm »
Will "The Holiest Thing" be treated as episode 9 in the phase 2 chronology then?

Offline scifib5st

• To Boldly Go...
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 09:14:24 pm »
Thanks to James for posting the Avengers video on youtube.... that was fun!!!!!