Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

Entertainment Earth
Star Trek Collectibles, Action Figures & More!

Author Topic: Hogan's Heroes: Phase II  (Read 6007 times)

Offline Aahz

• Cage-Era Navigator in "Origins"; Production Assistant to Whoever Hollered Last
  • Crew
  • "Stop making the ship turn left!" - D. Gerrold
    • Triple-W GoFoods Global
Re: Hogan's Heroes: Phase II
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2013, 12:26:57 am »
Bumping to introduce some new news.

I just found out that Albert Ruddy (co-producer of "Hogan's Heroes" with the late Bernard Fein) won a lawsuit earlier this year over the rights for him to produce a feature film version of "Hogan's Heroes."  Obviously, since everyone except Robert Clary (Lebeau) have passed, it would have to be a reboot a la JJ Trek.  I do not know what the production status is, or whether it is even moving forward after the end of the lawsuit.  But two things are for certain -- Albert Ruddy is still alive, and he wants to see more "Hogan's Heroes."

I also learned that "Hogan's Heroes" was cancelled not for bad ratings or any of the other usual reasons, but it was cancelled abruptly along with "Beverly Hillbillies," "Green Acres," and "Petticoat Junction" as part of the so-called "rural purge" in 1971.  Since cancellation of "Hogan's Heroes" wasn't planned by the studio, there could very well have been a number of unproduced scripts in existence at the time.  And if there were, I would bet cash money that Albert Ruddy either has them or has access to them.

Now ... If Albert Ruddy still wants to see "Hogan's Heroes" have a rebirth, perhaps he could be approached by RFS to see if he would be friendly to the idea of our putting it on.  He wants to do a feature film, but he might be warm enough to the idea of a quality fan series production that he would throw his support (and access to unused scripts) our way.  Who knows -- he might even provide material support...

I can dream, can't I?  :fingx:
Non-sequitur -- Your facts are un-coordinated.
-------
"I MADE MASHED POTATOES!!" -- Gir
"Yes.  And muffins." -- Zim