Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<< 

Author Topic: More Star Trek P2 Illustrated Coming Soon...  (Read 31013 times)

Offline Tony F

• Official annual assember of the Bridge systems BoilerMan and Electronics design and repair for Retrofilm Studios
  • Crew
  • Starfleet Member
  • My South Park Avatar Provided by Kim Rodenberry
Re: More Star Trek P2 Illustrated Coming Soon...
« Reply #372 on: September 09, 2012, 10:30:22 pm »
Facebook is like sitting in the green room with all your friends all year round
you are missing out on alot if you are not there
but that is your choice..
We all have fun
and we get to talk to friends made on a shoot  and interact with them every day
its much more immediate than this forum and almost real time conversation...
its your loss for not joining us on FB
we are ALL there including James
Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the
promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue
sky?

Offline AlecWest

• Crew
  • Starfleet Member
  • Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit.
« Reply #373 on: September 10, 2012, 06:47:25 am »

When I joined the P2 forum and became a mirror operator, I did so under the very reasonable assumption that all project information could be found in the forum.  This has changed.  It's been replaced by a two-tier system of information dispersal - with Facebook uber alles and the P2 forum being the "poor relation."  I have no problem with people joining Facebook.  They have a right to share their personal information with anybody - even those who clearly view that information as a "product" to be marketed.  But, that's their choice.  There are a number of people in this forum who not only "don't" do Facebook but "won't" do Facebook ... ever.  And those people are entitled to the same project information as it becomes available.  Anything different is unfair to those who like Trek but don't like "social networks."

Regards,
J. Alec West
"When you least expect it, someone may actually listen to what you have to say."
-- Maggie Kuhn, founder of the Gray Panthers

http://p2trek.com - http://farragut.novelhost.net - http://potemkin.novelhost.net
http://Trek-A-Lot.p2trek.com

Offline IanW

« Reply #374 on: September 10, 2012, 07:28:09 am »

There are a number of people in this forum who not only "don't" do Facebook but "won't" do Facebook ... ever.

^This^

Why, you may ask?

To users, Facebook is all about hanging out with your friends, sharing photos etc.
To Facebook Inc., it's all about how much of your profile they can package & sell for marketing purposes.

Offline Mirror

• Half human and half unknown Phase II Catalan site
  • Mirrors
  • PROTECT ALIENS RIGHTS
    • L'HOLOCOBERTA DE STAR TREK
« Reply #375 on: September 10, 2012, 08:31:33 am »
Hahaha, this is funny. The discussion is about getting the P2 news in Facebook instead in this forum where it's suposed to be, but if we want to know about the Facebook discussion we have to check the thread related to P2 Illustrated... so, you see? You've done exactly the same without realizing, it all starts with a comment and then the rest comes easy. The difference is that sooner or later somebody will say "topic" here, but nobody will say "topic" in Facebook  ;D

Offline qoSagh

« Reply #376 on: September 10, 2012, 09:23:04 am »
The lack of someone saying "TOPIC" on facebook is one of it's major problems. If I were to join (something I will never do) and I wanted to find information on P2 (Illustrated or Live Action) I would have to sift through a bunch of useless status updates, detailing your various daily visits for whatever you seem to think is important to me. I would see posts from all 6 million of your closest friends, about 5 or 10 of whom you have actually met. I would of course have to admit that all my pictures are copyrighted to facebook, and other such things as make this green room into a place that I likely would not enjoy hanging out in.

Oh I know, you say that for P2 information I really only have to go to the P2 page and read it, well I would add that that is what I thought I was doing signing up for this forum.

As for topic, this thread could be split at any time, something that Facebook does not allow.

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
« Reply #377 on: September 10, 2012, 11:15:32 am »
TOPIC!!

(sorry, you guys were practically begging for it. :P)

So, how about that artwork?  ;)

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• In-House 1st Ass't Director "Enemy:Starfleet" 2nd A.D. Writer: STP2 Illustrated
  • Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #378 on: September 11, 2012, 10:44:52 am »
TOPIC. <----- Official, because it's orange.
"Solfleet: The Call of Duty" available for the Kindle and Kindle apps at Amazon.com and other Amazon sites around the world!

Offline evil_genius_180

• Evil Starship Factory
« Reply #379 on: September 11, 2012, 12:50:07 pm »

I thought it was official just because you're a GM.  ;)

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• In-House 1st Ass't Director "Enemy:Starfleet" 2nd A.D. Writer: STP2 Illustrated
  • Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #380 on: September 12, 2012, 02:08:16 pm »

I thought it was official just because you're a GM.  ;)

Well yeah, that too.
"Solfleet: The Call of Duty" available for the Kindle and Kindle apps at Amazon.com and other Amazon sites around the world!

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #381 on: February 20, 2013, 03:31:23 pm »
To the fans of "Star Trek Phase-II: Illustrated,"

We are aware that this month marks six months since we released issue #1. Rest assured we are trying very hard to bring you subsequent issues faster and on a more regular basis than we have been able to so far, but as you all know, life happens. We've had both family and other issues to contend with along the way.

As of today, I have completed writing the first 20 issues, but the writing goes relatively quickly compared to the drawing, inking, and coloring... especially when I have the whole story in my head when I begin.

Please, bear with us. I guarantee the stories will be worth the wait.

-- Glenn

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline trynda1701

• SUCCESS FOR THE GANG OF 8! (9?)
  • Success for the Empire!
« Reply #382 on: February 21, 2013, 04:07:40 pm »
20 issues! :o

WOW! (Showoff! ;))

You sure are making Bill and Rob's (artistic) lives difficult, Glenn! 8)

"Space..........is big. Really big! You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is! I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to Space !!!"

Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

Offline scifib5st

• To Boldly Go...
« Reply #383 on: February 23, 2013, 05:58:07 pm »

When I joined the P2 forum and became a mirror operator, I did so under the very reasonable assumption that all project information could be found in the forum.  This has changed.  It's been replaced by a two-tier system of information dispersal - with Facebook uber alles and the P2 forum being the "poor relation."  I have no problem with people joining Facebook.  They have a right to share their personal information with anybody - even those who clearly view that information as a "product" to be marketed.  But, that's their choice.  There are a number of people in this forum who not only "don't" do Facebook but "won't" do Facebook ... ever.  And those people are entitled to the same project information as it becomes available.  Anything different is unfair to those who like Trek but don't like "social networks."

Regards,
J. Alec West

I don't know how I missed this post, but I belive in it. 
I have seen a drop off of new and information in the P2 web site over the years.  I'm glad someone eles has felt it also.
 :swami:

HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<