Star Trek: Phase II

Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Star Trek P2 Illustrated Coming Soon...  (Read 31024 times)

Offline robthesinger

• Phase 2 Illustrated colorist
  • Crew
  • Recruit
Re: More Star Trek P2 Illustrated Coming Soon...
« Reply #384 on: March 05, 2013, 10:16:32 pm »
Just to let you guys know.As Glenn said Penciling, Inking and Coloring take time. I cant speak for Bill as to how long it takes him to Pencil and Ink a page. But for me your looking at 7 to 9 hours of work per page. That's pretty much full time hours and this is not full time work nor is it paid work. I could slap down some colors in a few hours, but I make sure that the colors I use match the colors I've used before as well as they match the show. Not to mention shading and effects. I'm over the moon that you guys enjoy what Glenn, Bill and I do. And I hope this gives a little insight into how much work goes into these books and even though it sounds easy its far from it. I've got the second issue at the moment and I'm doing my best to get it done, thanks for you patience guys and gals it will be worth the wait.

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• In-House 1st Ass't Director "Enemy:Starfleet" 2nd A.D. Writer: STP2 Illustrated
  • Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #385 on: March 08, 2013, 05:03:33 pm »
What Rob said!  ;D
"Solfleet: The Call of Duty" available for the Kindle and Kindle apps at Amazon.com and other Amazon sites around the world!

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• In-House 1st Ass't Director "Enemy:Starfleet" 2nd A.D. Writer: STP2 Illustrated
  • Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #386 on: March 13, 2013, 12:39:25 pm »
As of today I have completed the writing of 30 issues.
"Solfleet: The Call of Duty" available for the Kindle and Kindle apps at Amazon.com and other Amazon sites around the world!

Offline NCC1701D

• Born in the back woods...raised by a Bear........
« Reply #387 on: March 13, 2013, 01:07:29 pm »
As of today I have completed the writing of 30 issues.

AWSOME !!!
"Do You Suffer From Long-Term memory Loss?  I Don't Remember!"

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #388 on: August 07, 2013, 09:43:25 am »
Hello friends,

First, I want to apologize for the fact that issues of "Star Trek Phsa-II: Illustrated" have been delayed for SO long. Here's why.

When Bill, Rob, and I started this project, we had no idea how much we were going to enjoy doing it. It didn't take very long at all after Jeff had to stop publishing the eMagazine for the "What if..." conversations to begin.

What if... we continue doing this as a separate publication?
What if... we did multiple Trek stories and made this a regular publication?
What if... we created our own original titles as well as STP2 and published them as well?
What if... we turned it into a business?

That is what we are doing. Our very own Charles "Scotty" Root has joined what we WERE calling "Omniverse Productions," we have renamed the company "Dragon Phoenix Media," and we have been writing and drawing and coloring and meeting and planning, and we are drawing near the time make some announcements. For now I will tell you this. In addition to "Star Trek Phase-II: Illustrated," written and lettered by me, drawn by Bill, and colored by Rob, we will be producing the following original properties:

1. "Pathways," written by Bill Lutz, to be followed by "The Retuen of the Frontiersmen," written by Bill Lutz.
2. "Mars vs. Earth," written by Charles Root.
3. "I, Human," written by Glenn E. Smith.
4. "The Realm," written by Glenn E. Smith, to be followed by "Legend of the Khi-Mara," written by Glenn E. Smith.

Dozens of issues have already been written! And that is only the beginning!

In the near future, we are going to NEED, VERY BADLY, additional artists to take on some of the work. Do you know any good comic artists looking for paid work? Tell them what we are doing and have them contact one of us.

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #389 on: October 14, 2013, 12:41:32 pm »
My Phase-II friends,

Bill Lutz, Rob Barnes, and I are heavily involved in creating several new, original digital comics titles -- a pursuit for which Charles "Scotty" Root has joined us, writing a title of his own in addition to carrying some of the business-side load. An unfortunate consequence of this is that the Phase-II comic, for which no one is paid anything, seems to be falling by the wayside. However, I have already written two complete 12-issue stories and one additional single-issue story, and I want to see them completed and released to you all and the rest of our Phase-II fans. I will rewrite them as prose stories if I have to, but I wrote them as comics and would prefer to see them published as comics.

Are any of you comic artists who would be interested in taking over for Bill and Rob as pencilers, inkers, and colorists on the Phase-II comic? Is so, can you dedicate the time so that we can put new issues out in the most expedient way possible? If not, do you know someone who might be interested? If so, please let me know.

I'll post this on Facebook publicly in a month if necessary, but I wanted to give my Phase-II family first crack at it. If I don't have a new Phase-II comic team together by the end of this year, then I'll reedit the comic scripts and release them as prose stories.

Glenn

Offline Saladin_CO

• Starfleet Member
  • Captain Ray Martin
    • Starship Saladin
« Reply #390 on: October 14, 2013, 11:04:51 pm »
You might say I was interested.  :)

Ray Martin is the Captain of the U.S.S. Saladin, in the latter half of the 23rd Century. Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/SaladinFacebook Episodes: http://tinyurl.com/SaladinEpisodes "Alternate starship designs are from the Starfleet Technical Manual by Franz Joseph (c) 1975

Offline Kapitaen Stephan

• Germany Mirror Site Operator/Translator
  • Crew
    • Star Ttrek Phase 2 Deutschland
« Reply #391 on: November 05, 2013, 03:50:36 am »
I might know someone!

His brother works for me at "Phase 2 Germany" as translator. And this artist already did 2 pieces of art in the Star Trek-universe:

The release poster for the stop-motion film "ST Enterprise II The Beginning of the End" and just recently for fun a painting of the Enterprise NCC-1701 being pursued by Klingon crusisers!

I`ll check if he is interested.

Offline Cacher123

« Reply #392 on: November 09, 2013, 06:05:16 pm »
Is there anything someone with more time than skill can do to help?  :idea:

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #393 on: November 10, 2013, 06:11:45 pm »
Is there anything someone with more time than skill can do to help?  :idea:

Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid not.

WANT TO SEE MORE EPISODES AND QUICKER RELEASE TIMES?
THEN DONATE TO HELP US MAKE MORE STAR TREK PHASE 2!!!

Visit here to find out more:
>>>HELPING PHASE 2<<<
Even a dollar or three a month helps!!!

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #394 on: November 18, 2013, 05:53:37 pm »
For those of you not on Facebook, I don't think I/we have posted this anywhere else in this forum.

We who (are trying to) bring you "Star Trek Phase-II: Illustrated" are launching a new digital comics company with some original titles of our own creation. Our company is called Dragon Phoenix Media, LLC and we're currently running an Indiegogo campaign to raise funds to hire additional artists. We hope to be able to feature NEW talent in the industry, I.E. give some unknowns some exposure. Check it out.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dragon-phoenix-media

Offline MSgtGlennSmith

• Global Moderator
  • Starfleet Captain
  • Born to CREATE!
« Reply #395 on: February 04, 2014, 09:42:55 am »
Barring any unforeseen problems, Dragon Phoenix Media, LLC is launching THIS WEEK with Bill "the Lab Mouse" Lutz's "Pathways" issue 01, a $0.99 (U.S.) short -- the first in a 24-issue series.

As for "Star Trek Phase-II: Illustrated, to date I have written "Friends and Foes" parts 1 - 12, "True to His Oath" (a single-issue story), "The 11th Hour" parts 1 - 12, and "The Enemy of My Enemy" parts 1 - 8 of 12 (which might actually run into 13). I've also comic-scripted one of the episode scripts I previously submitted to James that he told me would be too expensive to produce, though who knows? Maybe that will change. As I comic that came out to 5 issues, though it might stretch into 6 if I write bookends for it.

All that remains is to get them drawn, inked, and colored so I can letter them and we can release them.